Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another reason to smile...

I have been reaping the benefits of losing weight in several ways: increased energy level, more self-condidence, and of course, NEW CLOTHES! But I am now beginning to notice a new and even more amazing benefit from this surgery...very minimal back pain! Most of you know my history-I had back surgery at 15 and was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the spine. Needless the say, the 100+ pounds I packed on after high school only made my back pain worse. Not to mention that I chose a profession where I am on my feet, lifting, pushing, and walking for 12 hours at a time. I used to take 8 advil a night just to get through work!

But lately, I have noticed a very significant decrease in my back pain and stiffness and I have taken ZERO medication for back pain since my surgery (Advil and Motrin are not allowed anymore with my new stomach). Last night I had an extremely busy and active night at work, I was on my feet for the first 5 hours straight without a break. I kept thinking, "wow, I am going to feel this tomorrow" But guess what...I don't feel anything! I woke up feeling great, no backache, no stiffness. This is a brand new development! A year ago, a night like I just had would have left me taking handfuls of Advil, laying on heating pad, and being "down in my back" for 5-7 days. I really enjoy buying new clothes...but I have to say a healthy back feels even better!!

*note* For some reason, no one is able to comment on my blog since I changed the layout. I have not figured out why. But feel free to e-mail me, my address is at the right of this page. I love hearing feedback and that I am inspiring others!!

0 comments: