Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre-op day!

Today was a big day! I met with the surgeon, Dr. Roller, who was extremely nice and informative. He went over every aspect of the surgery with me and 2 other patients who are also having surgery next week. We then all met with the dietician for our pre and post op diet instructions (liquid protein shakes are going to be my new best friend, whether I like it or not!). Next I met with the pre-op nurse for a pre-op evaluation and then finally I had more lab work drawn for the big day. I signed my consent for surgery, paid the $16,000 (or rather, financed it for the next 7 years!) and I am all ready to go! I am scheduled for surgery at 9:30 AM next Tuesday the 27th! I AM READY!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying all goes well today.

I'm looking forward to lots of good news!

Lindsay (your SNL Jess's friend)

Hope you don't mind me tagging along on your exciting journey :).

The Flores' said...

Jess I am so glad the surgery went well, and can't wait to hear from you personally (Chris is great, but it's just not the same as talking to you :0) I am so proud of you, this is going to be great I just know it! I can't wait to meet the skinny Jessica in a year or so! I will continue to pray for you and cheer you on as you travel along this journey.

Love you,
Melissa