Friday, February 13, 2009

Feeling Great!

It's been almost a week since I have posted, but no worries, I am feeling great! I am surprised everyday with the amount of energy I have when I am consuming so little (500 or less/day) calories! The scale has held steady at 287 for several days now, but I have read that this is completely normal during periods of rapid weight loss. My body is just needing some time to adjust to the 26 pounds I've already lost and then it will kick back into gear! I am impatient of course, because when you are living on protein shakes all day every day for 19 days one of the main things to look forward to is seeing a new number on the scale each morning!! But I am trying to be patient...

I am back at work tonight and its my first time to be around people besides Chris since the days following surgery. I was excited to see if anyone noticed-and am happy to say they all did! Also another major milestone was that I was able to easily slip into the size 3x scrub pants provided by the hospital. When I started here I had to go out and buy my own size 4x pants- actually, I had to have them special ordered by the scrub store :( because the hospital didn't carry a bigger size.(In labor and delivery we wear speciality matching scrubs for security) That was very humilating. I have never been more excited to wear a 3x than I am tonight!

I read somewhere that it takes 20 days of doing something for it to become a habit. Well today is day 19 of the liquids and I have to say it is just becoming a way of life, I hardly even think about it. Not to say that I haven't been researching my next phase of dieting, because believe me I have! It looks like I will be able to eat (very) small amounts of tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, lean lunch meats, beans, fish, and yogurt. And believe it or not, those foods sound just as appealing as cheese fries and ice cream used to be! It may be a little premature, but I cannot control it-I am already starting to think like a thin person. My self-image has already taken a major boost--it is so amazing how losing 1/4th of my excess weight can be so mentally motivating!

20 more pounds and I will officially be the smallest I've been since my freshman year of college. I am very much looking forward to reaching that milestone! I fully intended to start back at the gym this past week but never quite made it (we had a bit of a stressful week!) but my butt will be there Monday! I go back to Dr.Roller on Thursday and am looking forward to wowing him with my enthusiam and optimism in the face of his 3 week liquid diet!!

0 comments: