Thursday, February 5, 2009

Home at last!

Ayden and I finally came home last night after staying with my mom and dad for a week. It was so nice to see Chris and sleep in my own bed! But it's also somewhat strange today to be home because I have not been here since before the surgery. More than ever, I am very aware of how much my life has already changed and how much of a different person I already am. I was in the hospital for 3 days and then went straight to my parents' house and right into my routine of a liquid diet and for some reason changing environments is making me have to readjust to my new lifestyle. All the old triggers of wanting to eat are here because like I have said before, so much of my eating was habititual! I had a daily routine that very much included eating! I am excited to be home but it is somewhat emotional for me as the complete reality of what I have done has finally kicked it. I have absolutely no regrets about the surgery but the reality of how much my life has changed and MUST CHANGE FOREVER has just now occured to me. I know I will be okay...I just need to take it one day at a time. And as of today...21.5 pounds gone!!

0 comments: