Friday, February 6, 2009

Little victory/Big disappointment

Today marks my first little victory- buttoning a size 24 pair of jeans with ease (one size down!) It also marks a BIG disappointment. My doctor's office called and left a message last week saying my 2 week check-up with the surgeon would now be delayed to 3 weeks because the doctor was going out of town. I called this morning to clarify that I would still be able to begin my soft food diet on day 14, right? right? Umm, not so much. That would be a big NO. No soft foods until released by the surgeon. So that will put me on liquids for 25 days- almost a freakin' month!!! I am NOT happy about this, as you can tell. But what can I do- I am the patient, he is the surgeon, and God knows I do not want to do anything to screw this up. So I am venting on the blog, shedding a few tears, and then I am going to "suck it up" and deal with it. There are worse tragedies in the world than a 25 day liquid diet. And, on the bright side, the weight seems to be coming off an average of 1-3 pounds per day on this diet. Maybe this happened for a reason, maybe this is my first big challenge that I need to overcome to prove that I can really do this this time. I am trying to be optimistic...really, really I am! We'll see where I am in another week or so!

0 comments: